[WEB4LIB] Log Reporting Tools

sean dreilinger sean at durak.org
Fri Jan 22 11:44:42 EST 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, John Wynstra wrote:
> anyone have any recommendations concerning  log reporting software.    I'm
> looking for a good balance between customization of reports and well
> designed built-in report templates.

webalizer is fast, easy, and comes nicely configured by default:
  http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

analog is super-customizable, reporting is less visual, and its a little
more challenging to set up and automate:
  http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/

nettracker is the nicest commerical web-traffic analysis tool i've seen, its
server based, truly designed for interactive use, drill down into individual
clickstreams (as close as possible using IP address):
  http://www.nettracker.com/

hth!
                          sean dreilinger, mlis
                          mailto:sean at durak.org