[WEB4LIB] Re: Submitting websites to search engines

Dianna M Roberts dianna.roberts at opus.co.nz
Tue Jan 5 20:11:37 EST 1999

Danny,

Thanks for the info. However, the site that AltaVista and Infoseek find when
I search on the url is not our newest site, but an earlier version. I did
submit the site and asked to have the old (and even older) one removed but
nothing has happened as yet. Perhaps they had too good a Christmas and/or
New Year?! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a little longer
before trying again. A reply from another Web4libber, Jim LaPaz, recounted a
similar experience  with their new site taking over a month to appear on
major search engines.

Regards,
Dianna

Dianna Roberts, Manager TeLIS (The Library & Information Service)
Opus International Consultants, P O Box 12004, Wellington,
NEW ZEALAND Ph. 0064-4-4717250     Fax. 0064-4-4731075