[WEB4LIB] Adobe photoshop & Frontpage

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Feb 26 13:49:34 EST 1999

At 09:54 AM 2/26/99 -0800, Tami-Jo Eckley wrote:
>I have been subscribed to the listserv for about one month and this is my
>first posting.  I have just recently hired a new web assistant who has
>worked with Adobe photoshop in the past - and swears by it.  I have
>checked the listserv archives and others have recommended it as well.  I
>was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with Adobe and
>FrontPage together (ie any bugs, etc?).

No problems at all.  Run the combo on several machines.  Both are a bit of
resource hogs, so you may not want to run both at same time, depending on
the box you're using.  Of course there is no problem with the graphics, as
PhotoShop will produce absolutely standard images in a variety of
formats.  Be sure to get PS at the academic price.

> We currently use FrontPage 98 with
>Image Composer.  I rather like FrontPage but hate Image Composer.  Will
>welcome any suggestions/responses.
I doubt very many serious graphics folks like Image Composer.  As you
probably know, PhotoShop is the ultimate graphics tool, but has a fairly
steep learning curve.  Of course if your person already knows it, then
should be no problem.  I'm sure others will pipe in with suggestions for
other graphics software, so I'll not do that.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/