Internet vs. Library

Cynthia_Kahn at superiorconsultant.com Cynthia_Kahn at superiorconsultant.com
Thu Feb 25 17:19:28 EST 1999

(This message will be cross-posted.  Please excuse any duplication.)

The Library was recently presented with a challenge by the CIO of the
company.  He asked, if the company has Internet access, why do we need a
Library?

In response, he is looking for a couple of simple statements he can take to
those he reports to/works with.  It would be interesting and helpful to
hear how others would respond to this challenge, about other experiences,
and especially how others have dealt with this in their own organizations.

Please respond to me off the list and I will summarize.

Thanks!
Cyndi Kahn, MILS
Superior Consultant, Inc.
Cynthia_Kahn at superiorconsultant.com