Commenst on MSOutlook

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Wed Feb 24 05:05:51 EST 1999

Dear Web4libbers,

this could be off topic: you could answer me and not the list, if this is not of interest.

I would like to have from you comments about MSOutlook as software for managing e-mail, contacts and in general the tasks of a library. In our small library we would like to use it to create a database of contacts to easily print labels, search for single or categorized contacts, create mail to certain contacts, etc.

I think that the program itself could be not so friendly to use (it has a lot of functions, which, if not of use, could be frustrating for a "simple" user), but I will appreciate very much some other comments, which could be different from mine. In particular, I would like also to know if some of you has implemented Outlook on a Server to create a centralized database for the contact for the whole office.

Thanks very much in advance
Francesco Giacanelli

Francesco Giacanelli
Biblioteca Italiana per i Ciechi - Centro di Documentazione Tiflologica
(Italian Library for the Blind - Documentation Center on Blindness)
Via della Fontanella di Borghese, 23 - 00186 Roma, Italy
Tel.: +39 06 68219820
Fax: +39 06 68136227
e-mail: cdtinfo at uiciechi.it
private e-mail: md1251 at mclink.it