[WEB4LIB] Thanks Re: Win95 password protection

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Thu Feb 11 16:03:50 EST 1999

At 12:32 PM 2/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>If the user hits the cancel
>button, the logon box will close out but then reopen, preventing the user
>from using the computer until they put in the _correct_ password.

Um, I hate to mention it, but...  IF memory serves correctly, Windows 95
will happily allow you to log in with ANY unknown username and password.
As long as that workstation has never heard of you before, you're in.  As
we've mentioned previously, Windows95 doesn't provide any user-driven
security for files on the local disk, so once I log in with an unknown
username, I can find any file on the local disk and do what I wish with it.

Urp!

James