Printer button grayed-out

Robert Battenfeld Battenfeld at southampton.liunet.edu
Thu Feb 11 15:40:54 EST 1999

Web4lib,

We have our online databases available on an NT4 network.  We have
printers for each workstation, either HP6Ls or LJ1100s.  The problem
is that intermittently the user will try to print and the printer
button (and menu choice) in Netscape is grayed-out.  I have been
cutting and pasting the text into Wordpad and it prints fine.  I
originally set up the printers using the HP disks.  Apparently the
closest driver on the NT disk is for the 5L but that driver didn't
clear up the problem.  This happens from various database vendor
pages.  Any clues?  Get another printer? Go back to Windows98?
Retire?

Robert L. Battenfeld, Associate Professor
Reference Librarian
Southampton College Library/LIU
239 Montauk Highway
Southampton New York  11968