[WEB4LIB] RE: OCLC and Browser versions

Cramer, Steve scramer at mail.lib.duke.edu
Thu Feb 11 12:00:43 EST 1999

  OCLC is not the first vendor to require users to use a 4.x browser. AP
  Photo Archive, which debuted last fall, uses some weighty javascript and
  will not run on 3.x browsers.

  As more database vendors use javascript or java to increase the
  capabilities of web databases, I'm sure we'll see more "4.x only"
  interfaces.

  Steve Cramer
  Reference Librarian
  Perkins Library