[WEB4LIB] Re: URL maintenance in WebPAC (Innopac)

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Feb 9 17:46:27 EST 1999

><SARCASM>
>You mean every HTML document isn't SUPPOSED to have 8 sets of HEAD and
BODY
>tags?  And META tags don't really NEED to inside the HEAD tag does it?
Isn't
>the OFFICIAL SPECIFICATION just a rough guide for how things might be
done?
></SARCASM>

Yup.

BTW, I just confirmed that malformed links, which pervade all recent
version of the WebPAC, make the WebPAC unusable in IE5.0b2 and the current
build of Mozilla.  You can't even get far enough to see what happens with
multiple </BODY> tags.
So unless Microsoft and mozilla.org do a lot of dumbing-down in the next
couple of months, III better pack their asbestos skivvies.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu