[WEB4LIB] Re: URL maintenance in WebPAC (Innopac)

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Feb 9 17:28:32 EST 1999

>>>It seems to me that there was an III enhancement available for link
>>>checking, but I don't know the details.
>>
>>Let me guess, like every other 'enhancement' from III it costs an
>additional
>>$10,000 and hardly works.
>>

>Regardless, as a Web application, the Innovative WebPAC has bigger fish to
>fry.  I have serious concerns about whether it will even be usable in the
>version 5 browsers coming out.

<SARCASM>
You mean every HTML document isn't SUPPOSED to have 8 sets of HEAD and BODY
tags?  And META tags don't really NEED to inside the HEAD tag does it?  Isn't
the OFFICIAL SPECIFICATION just a rough guide for how things might be done?
</SARCASM>

I'm surprised it works with current browsers. That's precisely what I means by
"hardly works" ("barely works" is I guess what I meant).

- Darryl

   Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
   Consulting & Development                     http://gollum.usask.ca/
   Department of Computing Services                 163 Murray Building
   University of Saskatchewan                              Main Library