[WEB4LIB] question re: Netscape 4.08 (professional)

bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Tue Feb 9 17:01:59 EST 1999

You can set it in the prefs.js file if you wish and then make that file
read-only.  We do that on public PC's within Fortres.

The appropriate line looks like this:

user_pref("browser.download_directory","C:\\temp\\");

Bobb Menk

On 9 Feb 99, Susanne Baker wrote:

> Hi all!
> I've looked at preferences and <blush> to admit that I can't see where one
> designates the download directory for saving files.
>
> We're looking at taking some pdf files regularly from a site and I'd like
> to set the person's workstation to save to a specific spot (saves a couple
> of steps, a worthy cause!).
>
> If someone, much wiser than me <g>, would be able to point me in the right
> direction - or tell me it's impossible - I would be most grateful.
>
> cheers
> Susanne Baker
> Systems Librarian
> Research and Information Services
> Ontario Ministry of Finance
> bakers at gov.on.ca

Bobb Menk, Internet Librarian, Lane Memorial Library
Hampton, NH 03842  603-926-3368
bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us