[WEB4LIB] Favorite HTML editor and page authoring software?

sean dreilinger sean at durak.org
Thu Feb 18 15:11:32 EST 1999

Stacy Pober wrote:
> Would anyone care to recommend their favorites, or steer me
> clear of the ones they found difficult or frustrating to use?

love those editors that grok enough html/sgml to color text (syntax
highlighting). often latch themself on to existing web browsers in your
system for preview puroposes, which is about as accurate as you can get.
some are also smart enough to talk to your version control system, which
is a big plus if that's how you manage multi-author web development.

here are three i like, they will not *touch* your tags :-)

 emacs with html/sgml helper mode (win32, unix, other platforms)
   http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html
   http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

 allaire homesite (win32)
   http://www1.allaire.com/products/homesite/