Amazon.com

Watts, Richard rwatts at lib.co.san-bernardino.ca.us
Thu Feb 4 13:45:24 EST 1999

I don't want this to turn into a flame war. Maybe that can be directed to
Peter Scott's BBS forum.  I was simply seeking information. My director has
asked me to post a brief response from him, however.  Please do not flame
him or me.  No one is going to change anyone's mind by doing so.

	His response was: Did you ever think this is a service and
convenience for patrons?; that this is a niche for people who don't want or
need to go to a book store; who like the convenience and who would like to
support their local library.  If you're  monitoring the library list serves
and feel strongly about this issue perhaps you should join ALA or CLA
(Calif. Lib. Assoc.) instead of standing on the sidelines.

Cordially (but putting on my asbestos suit,

Richard S. Watts
Coordinator, Technical Services
San Bernardino County Library
104 W. Fourth St.