[WEB4LIB] Re: web publishing process

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Feb 4 11:17:15 EST 1999

>I don't know that there's an easy answer.  More of a concern than bloat
>though is the likelihood that non-standard HTML which works with current
>browsers will cease doing so with future browsers.  Content producers run
>the risk of being left with hundreds of HTML files that no longer display
>properly, or possibly at all. The requisite cleanup effort could well be
>daunting.

Hear, hear!  The looming prospect of NGLayout (aka Gecko) should have a
lot of webmasters running to their validators.  Every major release of
Netscape has changed some aspect of how it parses invalid markup.
Netscape 5 will almost certainly produce a greater number of such changes
than any previous release.

Nice to know there's another validation wonk on the list!

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu