[WEB4LIB] web publishing process

Mark Gooch Mark.Gooch at law.csuohio.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:13:19 EST 1999

Thanks for providing me with an opening to ask a question I've been
wondering about.  What I am interested to know is are people concerned about
the "bloated" files and less than clean HTML code produced by some of the
HTML editors (Netscape Composer, Front Page, etc.) in this type of
situation.  I've been contemplating whether to have staff here create pages
on their own with Composer or some other editor.  I'm concerned that the
less than stellar code  which is created (and I don't consider myself an
HTML "purist") will eventually fill our server with files which are larger
than necessary.  Also, when people run into coding problems I will likely be
the one who has to hunt through this code to find the problems.  What do
others think about this?

Thanks
Mark

--
Mark D. Gooch                                Cleveland State University
Government Information Librarian   1801 Euclid Ave.
                            Mark.Gooch at law.csuohio.edu
                     http://www.law.csuohio.edu/lawlibrary/

"I guess we still have some bugs to work out,"
 --Bill Gates at Comdex 98 in Chicago as Windows98 crashed on him