[WEB4LIB] journals online

Merat, Carl cmerat at liberty.edu
Wed Dec 22 14:57:35 EST 1999

The Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) is holding a "Forum on Access to
Electronic Journals from Aggregator Sources" on January 7th. This page
describes the forum and has some VIVA example links, other initiatives,
journal artices, etc.

http://library.jmu.edu/libstaff/ts/er/vivacat/forum2000.html

The articles go into some detail on the extraction/conversion process. I'm
pretty sure the forum is only open to VIVA members.

IMHO the best end products I've "seen" are:

 Radford University:  http://lib.runet.edu/libserv/journals.html
 Virginia Commonwealth University:
http://www.library.vcu.edu/ejournals/index.html

The Radford database is crossed linked to their catalog's local holdings
information, as well as the aggregator's database.

One other good resource I have found that is not listed there or in other
Web4Lib responses is http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/fulltext/

Carl Merat
Associate Dean of Library Services
Liberty Universtiy