ONLINE Seeks Cutting-Edge Library

Bill Mickey billm at onlineinc.com
Wed Aug 25 12:23:57 EDT 1999

Do you work at a cutting-edge library?

For the past year, ONLINE magazine has been running a special series profiling libraries at the cutting edge of online/information technology, management, and scope of mission. Recent profiles have included the research libraries of the Ford Motor Company, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Shell Research, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Hewlett-Packard. The Cutting-Edge series goes "under the hood" to explore and reveal the ways in which forward-looking libraries are providing unique and essential services to patrons.

Does your library have a broadening scope of activities ranging from intranets and extranets to electronic publishing and datamining? Are you continually testing pilot projects to extend and hone your services? Do you have a constructive relationship with IT and IS? In other words, has your library moved beyond mediated searches and a repository of books and periodicals to a position as a resource of information experts fully prepared to accept diverse new responsibilities? Then we would like to talk with you!

We're seeking candidates for the Cutting-Edge Library series in ONLINE magazine. Help us to inspire and inform your colleagues looking for ideas to develop a cutting-edge resource center. Inspire yourselves, too--a profile like this goes a long way to promote your library in your organization and community.
The series is *not* limited to large corporate institutions. We're especially looking for small and medium-size libraries in public, academic, and other settings for our next profiles.

Interested? If you think your institution qualifies, or you want to recommend one, please contact us directly. Send us an email with a brief background of your library and some of its current cutting-edge initiatives. Email Bill Mickey, Associate Editor, ONLINE magazine, at billm at onlineinc.com.
Thank you.

Bill Mickey
Associate Editor
ONLINE magazine