Netscape/Microsoft mail problems

Sue Kamm suekamm at class.org
Thu Aug 19 16:04:09 EDT 1999

About two weeks ago, when I tried to log into my email using Netscape
mail, I began receiving the following message after I typed in my
password:

    "The mail server responded:  Unable to process From lines
(envelopes), change recognition modes."

I tried setting up Microsoft's Internet Mail program, but couldn't get
in to my mail using that program either.

Neither the technical support people at my ISP (Cerfnet) nor our city's
MIS people have ever heard of this problem.  (I can send mail using
Netscape, but have to telnet into my mail account to read it.)  I had
made no changes to my computer, and our service tech couldn't find
anything wrong.

I'd appreciate any assistance from the group.  Please email me
privately.

TIA!

--
Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor,
Sue Kamm
email:  suekamm at class.org
"I really love baseball.  The guys and the game.  And I love the
challenge of describing things.  The only thing I hate--and I know you
have to be realistic and bay the bills in this love--is the loneliness
of the road."
--Vin Scully