[WEB4LIB] Printing Control Software

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Wed Aug 4 12:34:03 EDT 1999

We've been using UniPrint from Pharos for over 2 years now and love it.  Works like a charm.  Biggest problem is disconnected PC's.  Our Students sometimes work "on the machine" and leave it disconnected from the network.  Reboot cleans that up.

When we have needed support they have been right there.  Not only their USA dealers, but also tech services from New Zealand.  Get e-mails and phone calls
on a regular basis until the problem is cleared up.  We had some problems within the first quarter after the setup.  They stayed right with us until we found the problem was in the hardware of the NT server.

John

John H. Rosenhamer
Technical Services Librarian
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 S. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK   73159

 jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
(405) 682-1611 Ext. 7229
 Fax: (405) 682-7585

>>> Yini Zhu <zhuy2 at UMDNJ.EDU> 08/04 10:20 AM >>>
We're trying to implement some sort of printing control system for our
public printing situation. We've been contacting UniPrint and XCP's OCS,
and would like some input, current experience with these softwares, if
anybody has any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

 Yini Zhu, MLS                         Tel: (973) 972-4700/4876
 Microcomputer/Media Center            e-mail: zhuy2 at umdnj.edu
 George F. Smith Library
 UMDNJ - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
 30 Twelfth Avenue
 Newark, NJ 07103-2754