Dramatically off-topic Outlook 98

Mark Roesner MRoesner at publib.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Aug 3 20:22:06 EDT 1999

Victoria;

Both Outlook 98 and 2000 do allow this with various handheld computers
though you may have to purchase additional software. I'm going to give you
information on Palm Pilots and Windows CE handheld computers only. Were you
looking for information on others?

I use a 3com Palm IIIx (www.palm.com) and it comes with software that allows
you to sync your memos as well as inbox, calendar, contacts and task list.
You can find information on this software at www.chapura.com. If you have an
earlier model of the Palm that doesn't come with the software, there are a
few different add-on's that you can buy that will allow you to sync. Check
out www.palm.com for more information.

I don't own a windows CE device but I'm pretty sure that they also come with
syncing software that allows you to do this. I found this information on the
following page: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsce/Products/ppc/faq.asp

Do Palm-size PCs Support Handwriting Recognition?
Yes, they do support handwriting recognition. For those who like the
convenience of making quick notes or dashing out sketches, Pocket Outlook
programs ***let you take Rich Ink notes with your stylus and even
synchronize them with Outlook on your Windows-based computer.*** You can
edit individual characters or words, move them, and insert other information
between words and characters.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark Roesner