[WEB4LIB] Celeron PCs

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Apr 29 12:32:57 EDT 1999

At 06:00 AM 4/29/99 -0700, Lin Light wrote:
>Does anyone out there have Celeron level PCs running?

Yes.

> And if so, How
>are they handling heavy Web use?

They're just fine.  They're also just fine for staff use, too.  We also
have a number of machines with 586 chips (machines for which we bought a
new motherboard with 586 for $160 locally....many of our machines look like
ATs or 386s, but have 586 boards inside).

>I need to increase our number of Web-based PACs and am considering units
>with the Celeron chip.

No reason not to.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165