HP LaserJet 6L problem

Dondi Michael Dondi at stratos.net
Thu Apr 29 07:15:34 EDT 1999

We have a chronic problem with several HP LaserJet 6L printers attached
locally to our web-based opacs.  A print job goes to the print job box
and shows the status of printing, but never prints.  I have reloaded
drivers, disables all security on the systems, and looked for any
possible reasons for the problem, but I can't figure it out.  Patrons
are loosing hard work because the computer then needs rebooted to
'unstick' the printer queue.  Most times, the print job is then lost.
Anyone else having this problem with the 6Ls?  Any remedies?

Dondi Michael, Cleveland, Ohio