Fwd: [WEB4LIB] Re: Link checking

Laura Cohen lcohen at cnsvax.albany.edu
Mon Apr 26 16:19:35 EDT 1999

I second the vote for CyberSpyder Link Test. I use it to check links for a
600+ file Web site, with some large files included, and have yet to run
into a problem. I especially like its option for Web-based reports, which I
can mount on our staff intranet.

Laura Cohen

>At 08:49 AM 4/26/99 -0700, Bigwood, David wrote:
>>I'm using the MarcXGen program by Tom Tyler to create an HTML file from
>>my MARC records.  It works just fine and rather fast.
>>
>>I do have a problem when I try to check the links, the file is just too
>>large for the link checker to load.  I'm currently trying the InfoLink
>>Link Checker.  What are others using that is able to load and check
>>links in large files?
>
>Try the spiffy product at www.cyberspyder.com      I've been using this
>since it first came out (now on version 2.1.5), and no size limit I know
>of.  It simply reads through the html file sequentially.
>
>If you want to see some sample reports, let me know.  And, no, I don't have
>any connection with them except as happy customer.
>
>dan

Laura B. Cohen
Network Services Librarian
University at Albany  Libraries
Albany, NY 12222                              518-442-3492
LCOHEN at cnsvax.albany.edu       518-442-3567 (FAX)