[WEB4LIB] Problems with IE5

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Apr 23 11:28:46 EDT 1999

> Our help desk manager told me that she has seen many
> problems with IE5 that are not being acknowledged by Micro$oft.  Our
campus
> will not be adopting IE5 for many more months yet because of these
problems.
> I am now properly chastened and have mended my ways (for now).  DON'T USE
> IE5 YET!!!

I'd be interested to know what these issues are.  I've been using IE5 since
the beta have experienced nothing but increased performance, improved
support for standards, and LESS hangups and crashes.

I would recommend everyone go out and install IE5.

- Darryl

   Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
   Consulting & Development                     http://gollum.usask.ca/
   Department of Computing Services                 163 Murray Building
   University of Saskatchewan                              Main Library