Virtual Expert Advice Information Services

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:32:53 EDT 1999

  During my review of informal Net-based scholarly communication
systems (e.g., Chatrooms, MOOs), I was reminded of a service provided with Engineering Information's Ei Village serviced called
the Senior Village Engineer and am greatly interested in identifying
other "Virtual Expert Advice Information Services". Here's the
description of the Senior Village Engineer from the Ei Web page:

<QUOTE>
Turn to the Senior Village Engineer whenever you can't find the technical information you are looking for; he'll turn to his own
personal resources to help you find it on the Internet or elsewhere.

If, the Village Engineer can't answer questions such as "How do I implement a TQM program in my company?" he can answer
questions such as "What resources are available--on the Internet and otherwise--that can help me implement a TQM program
in my company?" You''ll receive Web and gopher sites, email addresses, or even phone numbers that point you to companies,
consultants, research institutes, or other information resources to help you with your technical problem.

Meet the Engineers

To see more information about your Village Engineers, click on the name:

     Ryo Samuel Amano
          Mechanical Engineering--Fluid & Thermodynamics
     Robert D. Borchelt
          Manufacturing Engineering
     Chi Hau Chen
           Signal Processing
     Daniel A. Hammer
           Chemical Engineering & Bioengineering--Biomedical Device                 Design

                     [SNIP]
</QUOTE>

     As Always, Any and All Contributions, Comments, Critiques,
Concerns, Questions, Etc. Etc. are Welcome!

[*I am particularly interested in any research on suchservices*]

      TIA!

   Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

     "The Best Way to Invent the Future is to Ask An Expert!"
                                     With Apologies to Alan Kay