Test page, please look and comment

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Apr 16 15:07:56 EDT 1999

I have up a tentative design for our new library homepage.  The goal was to
keep it clean and simple visually while providing access to all of our
resources.  We have found that many users get overwhelmed with too much text
or too many graphics on a page when they first look at it.

The pull down menus are JavaScript based but hidden at the top in
<noscript></noscript> is a plain fully functional list of links to our
webpages.  When javascript is turned off or a browser without it access this
page, those links will be visible.  Works quite well with Lynx on our VAX.

Please take a look and send me comments.  This is the first step in the
redesign of our library site in conjunction with a complete redesign of the
college web by an outside consultant (who is doing a good job so far).  I
can't release the name of the consultant yet.

We will also be moving to a Window NT environment for all of our servers.
The web will be served up by Microsoft IIs server and e-mail via the latest
Microsoft Exchange server.

The URL for the test library page is:

http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/b.htm

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
President, SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
E-mail: drewwe at morrisville.edu powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
SUNYLA: <http://www.albany.edu/library/sunyla/>