Access Options for EJournals

Dennis Krieb krieb at SLU.EDU
Fri Apr 16 11:45:50 EDT 1999

Hi all,
I am doing research on a couple issues regarding electronic journals
within academic libraries and so far have had little luck finding
anything. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from the list
regarding these two questions and would be happy to share what I gather
for those interested.

1)  What percent of your library's serials collection is made up of
electronic journals? (This can be an approximation) This figure can
include duplicates of print subscriptions.

2)  What method of access is your library using with respect to
electronic journals, e.g  IP, proxy server, IP/Proxy hybrid,
certificates, etc.  Specifically I am interested in how libraries are
working with authentication schemes for electronic journals.

Again  I appreciate any feedback however pithy.

Thanks in advance

Dennis Krieb