[WEB4LIB] width of box in pull down menus

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Apr 19 16:04:38 EDT 1999

This can be suggested with CSS; to my knowledge, only IE4 and IE5
understand the width property for form inputs, though.

Attempts to get a uniform width through character padding are doomed to
failure, since the font used for button labels on different platforms
varies--and having buttons almost but not quite the same width looks worse
than having them each at their own natural width (strange to say, but this
aesthetic problem drives me away from the Lotsa Drop-Downs page design
more than anything else).

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu