Image Software

Kathlyn J Schweyer kschweyer at gph.com
Fri Sep 11 12:09:57 EDT 1998

     Fellow librarians:

     I'm starting to design some intranet pages and would like any thoughts
     on which image software programs are good. I'm looking at getting
     software that will enable me to design my own images as well as alter
     clip art images and then save them as .gif files to use on a web site.

     I've used SmartDraw and while it allows you to save images as .gif
     files you can't edit the images once you do that. I find I have to
     keep a copy of the .sdr format for editing purposes and then update my
     .gif file using save as. Not the most user friendly!

     Any reviews or personal experiences of image software would be greatly
     appreciated.

     I will summarize for the list once I get some responses.

     Thanks!!

     Kitty Schweyer
     kschweyer at gph.com
     Boston, MA