IE 4.0 Printing

Rich.Harrington at co.hennepin.mn.us Rich.Harrington at co.hennepin.mn.us
Wed Sep 16 12:37:32 EDT 1998

Hello Group,

   Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.0 can print a frame-based Web page "as
laid out on the screen."  However, it does not do this as the default
setting when you push the Print button on the toolbar.  (It seems that it
will print the active frame if one is selected; otherwise, it prints each
frame individually)

   Does anyone know how to change that?  I'm going to start poking around
in the Registry, but if anyone has already done that and is willing to
share, I'd be most grateful.  And, I'll let you all know if I find
anything.

   (We are implementing a new Web-based catalog -- Innovative's Webpac --
and it presents results in frames.  We charge for printing, so we don't
want patrons to have to do anything beyond pushing the Print button to get
a printout, and they shouldn't have to pay for 3 pages when 3 frames will
fit on one page)

Thanks,
Rich Harrington
Hennepin County Law Library