charging for inclusion to a search engine

Dyckman, Lise M ldyckman at chw.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:49:34 EDT 1998

It sounds like PointCom is only making explicit policies that are used
by many search engines. An article published on ZDNet about a month ago
listed this as Secret No.4, but there's been mention in the press of
other engines, among them Excite and InfoSeek, doing this too. I don't
know if any of these have been as bald (or bold) as to exclude a
worthwhile site just because it didn't pay, though.

The story "Search Sites' Shocking Secret" came from Berst Alert, Jesse
Berst ed., ZDNet AnchorDesk and was published 8/17/98 at  URL:
chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/adem2fpf/www.anchordesk.com/story/story_2432.html