Customizing Learning Modules -Reply

Evan St. Lifer STLIFER at LJ.CAHNERS.COM
Thu Sep 3 17:13:00 EDT 1998

Do you have any more info on your efforts to do what you describe
below? thks in advance,

Evan St. Lifer
Executive Editor
Library Journal

>>> web4lib at library.berkeley.edu 06/25/98 01:59pm >>>
*******************  Multiple Post --  Apologies ***********************

In Minnesota, we are exploring ways to scale up delivery of
customizable
web-based information literacy modules.

What approaches or techniques has anyone used to customize
web-based
learning modules?  We are particularly interested in methods that go
beyond
using flat HTML templates or files.  Is anyone using a database to
generate
customized modules?  Or other object-oriented approaches?  Or course
authoring tools for this purpose?

Thanks.

John T. Butler				ph:	612/624-4362
Distance Learning Development		fx:	612/626-9353
University of Minnesota Libraries
Twin Cities Campus
499 Wilson Library
309 Nineteenth Avenue South