Change in Z39.50 access to Northwestern's OPAC and other databases

Stu Baker stubaker at nwu.edu
Mon Oct 12 06:17:45 EDT 1998

// Please excuse the cross-posting and duplication. This notice has been
distributed to numerous mailing lists, newsgroups and discussion groups //

Northwestern University has switched library management system from a NOTIS
system to Endeavor's Voyager system. We can now provide libraries and other
institutions with information on how to access our OPAC and other
Northwestern Voyager databases using the Z39.50 protocol.

The Z39.50 server, attribute and other connection information can be found
on the web at:
	<http://www.library.nwu.edu/voyager/z3950/>

As of October 11th any Z39.50 client pointing to the server/port shown
below will not work:
	hostname=nultag1.ucc.nwu.edu
	port=20003

Z39.50 clients should be configured to use the Northwestern NUcat/Voyager
system
	hostname: zsrv.library.nwu.edu
	port:11090

For sites pointing to the Transportation Article File, Africana Conference
Papers and/or the Africana Vertical Files indexes. You should use the
information provided at the URL cited above to reconfigure your Z39.50
clients.

We ask that you please correct software settings and other links and access
points to accomodate this new system. If applicable, please forward this
information on to the person responsible for maintaining information on
your web site and Z39.50 remote access systems.

Questions or comments regarding any of the information contained in this
announcement can be sent to <mailto:voyager-help at nwu.edu>.

// Northwestern University Library
    <mailto:nulweb at nwu.edu>
    <http://www.library.nwu.edu/>