No subject

atroncale atroncale at nypl.org
Wed Oct 14 13:06:46 EDT 1998

     **Please excuse duplication

     Hello all:

          I am interested in hearing from institutions that have data on
          production rates for scanning library and archive materials.
          This would include preparation and set up times, scanning times,
          post-production and quality control for the following types of
          materials on an hourly basis:

          bound books (opening at least 90 degrees)
          oversized bound books and folios
          uniform single sheet items (manuscripts, photographs, prints)
          oversized single sheet items (maps, prints)
          multi-format items  (scrapbooks)
          fragile, rare items (illuminated manuscripts, glass negatives)
          intermediates (negatives and transparencies)

          Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
          I will sum up for the list if I get a significant number of

          Thanks in advance.

          Anthony Troncale
          Preservation Division
          New York Public Library