[WEB4LIB] NETSCAPE NETCENTER

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Oct 16 17:58:11 EDT 1998

Could it be that they are running many of their "free" resources from the
same servers that have been delivering just their web pages?  Free resources
such as web mail and their web page hosting features for individuals.

Thomas

"Andrew J. Mutch" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that recently Netscape is very sloooow to access across
> their site, with the exception of their Developer's center.  I wonder if
> anyone else has run into this.  I'm curious if this is related to their
> push of their Netcenter as the prefered "Portal" to the Internet.  Maybe
> somebody forgot that if you increase traffic, you also have to increase
> your resources to handle it....
>
> Andrew Mutch
> Electronic Services Support
> Northville District Library
> Northville, MI

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine