[WEB4LIB] I know its not Stumpers but someone said it here!!!! (I think)

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Oct 16 07:57:00 EDT 1998

> I know its not Stumpers but someone said it here!!!! (I think)
>

> ...The quote is:
> "The Internet is like a flea market, a huge jumble of good and
> bad, then we
> have the opportunity to help people because we know where the
> good stuff is”

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to search the full text of Web4Lib
postings?  Oh wait, there is, at
<URL:http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive.html>.  :-)

The only hit on FLEA MARKET is
<URL:http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/9602/0187.html>.  Marc
Salomon wrote:

"But the net is not television, no matter how much publishers like Time
Warner
would wish. Nor is it a library with a coherent collection development
policy. Its more like a big garage sale or flea market, you might find
everything, but you never know exactly what you will find unless you take
care
to give each thing a close inspection."

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu