Freezing PCs

P or K Bary bary at qadas.com
Fri May 15 20:42:29 EDT 1998

We are migrating from GEAC to Innovative this week, and are replacing all
of our Wyse terminals, and now telnetting into a remote server.  I've
gotten occasional complaints about PCs freezing up.  When this happens, the
users are unable to power down the PCs from the power button.  I've seen it
myself:  The power button stops working, and we have to cut the power from
the surge protector.  Weird.

We have new Gateways, and a couple of new Dells, and it's happened on both
brands, and differenct PCs.  All are running Windows 95 B.  I'm beginning
to believe that this is not a problem, but a *feature*.  But a feature of
what?  Windows 95 B?  Any ideas?

Karen Bary
Arapahoe Library District
Littleton, Colorado