Documenting Web Site

H. Bork bork at plb.de
Tue May 5 08:49:38 EDT 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Dianne Harmon wrote:
[]How do you -- or do you -- document your own web site?  I started with a
[]hard copy printout of all the pages.  I added to the file everytime we
[]changed something.  We are committed to updating twice/month (not too bad
[]since the person handling this is really my young adult librarian who
[]likes to do web sites).

Hello Dianne and all,

to me backup or copy seems to be a good alternative.
Thus all data can be used immediately upon restauration
including links. Backups/copies can be repeated any time,
irrespective of how many days may have gone since last time
and they can easily be restricted to pages that have been changed.
While a printer would cut an HTML file in two or three pages
any backup keeps the complete files.
Easily feasible copies are one of the real advantages
in this digital age, I guess

kind regards,
hal :-)