Great new book out

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 23 18:41:27 EST 1998

I just received my copy of "Information Architecture for the World Wide
Web" by Louis Rosenfeld and Peter Morville. It is published by O'Reilly &
Associates, and more information on it can be found at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/infotecture/ . A sample chapter was just
published in Web Review at http://webreview.com/wr/pub/98/03/06/feature/ .

I cannot say enough good things about it. Most Web managers or site
designers will find useful things in it, and some should be shackled to
their desks until they commit its concepts to memory. Even if you disagree
with specific suggestions (although I found it hard to find anything
disagreeable), it can serve as a useful blueprint for redesigning your
site. I need this book. And judging from what I see out there at the
moment, most of you do too.

I can't think of any better way to spend $25, and I *really* enjoy good
wine.

In the interest of full disclosure, I was one of a group of reviewers for
the book, but I have no financial interest in it whatsoever.
Roy Tennant