Font colors and printing problems

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Mon Mar 23 13:09:59 EST 1998

We're working on redesigning our web site and some on the committee are
advocating changing font colors using the FONT element with the COLOR
attribute.  I know this can cause problems with printing in some browser
versions causing the text with a non-default color to not print.  I also
know that with some browsers (such as Netscape 3.x) you can over ride the
printing of colored text by checking a box like "black text."  Here's my
problem:

I need a list of browsers and their versions (NS and IE at this point will
do) that tells which version has a problem with the colored text and
printing, which has the override command and which doesn't.

I've searched everywhere and can't find what I need.  Any ideas?

           Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
       Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
            Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
                www.bcr.org/~msauers
           The WWW Library Directory is @
           www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
  "Never underestimate the Internet. Manipulate it.
     Respect it. But don't try to dominate it."
            -Jerry Yang (Yahoo! Founder)
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.