Evaluation of IAC Searchbank

George Emery emeryg at canisius.edu
Thu Mar 19 08:59:05 EST 1998

Greetings,
Just this week Canisius College Library has begun a simultaneous
month long trial and evaluation of several online database products.
We currently subscribe to EBSCOhost and have access to Academic
Search FullText Elite and Business Source Elite which expires after
this semester. We are now looking at ProQuest Direct from UMI,
SearchBank from IAC and WilsonWeb. We have also begun a trial to
Nexis-Lexis Academic Universe.

Our Collection Development Committee has been working on a checklist
of criteria for evaluating these online databases which expands on the
following:
1. Database content
2. Search interface
3. User & administrative support
4. Cost
5. Accessibility of service

We have also asked our faculty to evaluate these products and give us
their comments.

The full checklist is available on from our Database Trials page at:
http://www.canisius.edu/library/trials.html

Your comments to help us with this evaluation are welcome.

George

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if any other library had evaluated the General Reference
> Center from IAC Searchbank (recently).
> We have Ebsco Host Masterfile 1500, World Magazine Bank and Health Sources
> Plus already.
>
> Otherwise, I would be interested in evaluation forms or methods for these
> types of  full-text products.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rebecca

> *************
> Rebecca Toohey	          Ph   (03) 9669 9808
> Electronic Resources Officer	 Fax (03) 9669 9646
> State Library of Victoria
> 328 Swanston Street	          Email rtoohey at slv.vic.gov.au
> Melbourne VIC 3000

George Emery
Library Systems Coordinator - Canisius College
2001 Main Street Buffalo NY 14208 - 716.888.2927 - fax: 716.888.2887
emeryg at canisius.edu - http://www.canisius.edu/~emeryg