Apple LC2 & AT EASE lockout

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Mar 14 20:19:34 EST 1998

It is possible, if you get in touch with Apple (or Claris), they can
provide you with a backdoor password to get around this.

There is one other solution, if you have at least one Mac that you're not
locked out of: take the hard drive out of the machine that is locked and
add it as a second hard drive to another machine. The machine with two
drives should start as usual but you will be able to see and edit the
other drive and then move it back to the machine it came from.

If the machine with two drives can't see the added drive on reboot it is
because AtEase protects itself by adding a small partition to the drive.
In that case, you might have to gain access to the drive by mounting it or
even reformating it using the disk setup utility supplied with the MacOS
software.

Chris Gray
Library Systems
University of Waterloo