Apple LC2 & AT EASE lockout

Nathan Schwartz nathan at apl.acsc.net
Fri Mar 13 16:47:42 EST 1998

We own an Apple LC2 and have AT EASE installed. Our private Apple access
code is 10-3011-2957-0207. The problem is that staff have changed and no one
remembers what the AT EASE password is and subsequently can’t get into this
computer. There are two potential solutions
1)  if there was a super password
2)  if I could boot from a floppy

The second idea sounds better, but won’t work. I’ve tried rebooting with the
system disk in the internal drive and nothing
I’ve tried holding down the
shift key to turn extensions off and AT EASE asks for the password. I think
if I could just boot from a floppy I could delete the AT EASE files and
reinstall.

Thank you

Nathan Schwartz
Automation Systems Manager