Community Information Networks

Eric Sandelands hj97 at dial.pipex.com
Wed Mar 11 10:16:29 EST 1998

Andrew

I'd be very interesting in receiving papers for publication on this type
of issue for the Virtual University Journal. It's peer reviewed, and
published online and in hard copy. A Call for Papers follows:

VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY JOURNAL - CALL FOR PAPERS
http://www.openhouse.org.uk/virtual-university-press/

The concept of lifelong learning is becoming regarded by individuals and
organizations as central to their personal and organizational
effectiveness. Universities are adopting innovative practices to
facilitate such learning. Technological change is enabling new learning
experiences to be developed. It is also speeding up the international
competition between learning providers, and affecting their client
organizations.

Virtual University Journal provides a unique international vehicle for
the publication of papers relating to research, innovative thinking
and/or practice in this field. Its readers and contributors will be
university deans, directors of studies, faculty members and researchers
charged with developing learning programmes and learning institutions, or
carrying out research in this area. It will be read by those seeking to
make informed choices and/or build on existing research.
Access is FREE to ACADEMIC RESEARCHERS until 31 March 1998. Go to:
http://www.openhouse.org.uk/virtual-university-press/

REVIEWING PROCESS
------------------------------

Virtual University Journal is peer reviewed and blind refereed.
Sample editorial board members are:
Dr Jim Kable, Professor and Vice President, International
Management Centres.
Marcel van der Ham, Director, Business School Nederland
Professor Richard Teare, Director: University for Industry
Oxford Brookes University

FORMAT AND FREQUENCY
-------------------------------------

Virtual University Journal is an electronic journal published on the
World Wide Web. It is updated monthly.  A hard copy annual volume is
printed. VUJ is archived in the main electronic databases.

SUBMITTING A PAPER
-------------------------------

Papers should be submitted to the editor in Word or text format as an
attached file or on disk.
The submission must include the following details:
Author(s) full name(s) including title(s).
Job title(s)
Organization(s)
Full contact details for author (or lead author) including e-mail
address, telephone number, fax number, and postal address.
An abstract of 150-250 words is required, summarising the key points of
the paper.
Papers should be 2000-5000 words in length.
Papers should contain research findings, ideas and practices that are
generalisable and can be applied or developed further by an international
readership.

Sample topics include:
Reengineering higher education.
Learning strategies in the virtual university.
Creating virtual support for lifelong learning.
Strategies to deliver global education.

http://www.openhouse.org.uk/virtual-university-press/
mailto: AChristie9 at aol.com
--