how to print "source file"

Alison O'Balle a.oballe at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 5 11:06:42 EST 1998

For Paul, Thomas, et al,

I believe there is a way, in Communicator 4.04, to specify the viewer for
html source.  Under Edit/Preferences, in the Categories portion of the
preferences window, select Navigator/Applications.  In the right portion of
the preferences window, scroll down until you see Netscape/Source under the
Description column.  You should be able to edit this item to choose which
application Netscape should open to view the source file for a page.  If
the application is one that supports Ctrl-P for print, you can use that
command to print.

Is this what you were looking for?  Does it operate this way on a Windows
machine (I'm on a Mac)?

Alison O'Balle
General Libraries
University of Texas at Austin
a.oballe at mail.utexas.edu

>>Maybe you somehow changed the viewer that appears when choosing
>>Page Source, or something else.
>>

>Give the man a cigar --
>That is exactly what I want\need to do -
>Tell Netscape to use notepad (or any other word processor) to view the
source.

>There is no such choice that I can find in 4.x
>Have they once again 'fixed' something that wasn't broken?
>Is there a file I can edit manually to make this change?

If so, it has defied discovery in comp.infosystems.www.browsers.*

Thomas (Back on the streets at night ca. 2004) Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu