OOPS!, was RE: how to print "source file", plus a mild rant

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafvax.lafayette.edu
Wed Mar 4 11:41:27 EST 1998

What a great concept---actually trying out something before you offer
advice to 3500 people. Hopefully I'll remember it next time (once I recover
from the early morning dose of humility).  :o(

As several folks have pointed out, Ctrl-P when viewing source code via
Netscape's viewer prints the rendered page, *not* the code (at least on my
machine, today---"your mileage may vary"). I let my desire to spare a tree
or two get in the way of proper research: I only went as far as bringing up
the Print dialog, which I then cancelled. Sorry for the misleading info.

so-called short cut keys working in all or most
Windows applications." My original message included the phrases:
>...most of the common keyboard shortcuts
>...most actions can *usually* be carried out
>...(as long as the action is appropriate to the situation).
I think I left plenty of escape routes there. Keep in mind that some
applications (e.g., Telnet clients) reserve the Ctrl key for other
functions, so many of the common combinations won't work. Also, the concept
of short cut (or shortcut) keys goes beyond "so-called" status as it
appears in *most* application manuals and/or help files.

Bob Duncan

  Robert E. Duncan
  Reference/Instruction Librarian
  David Bishop Skillman Library