nasty surprise at AltaVista

Michael Squires (michael) michael at sequent.com
Mon Jun 15 03:08:29 EDT 1998

This happened to me a few months ago on AltaVista. The amusing thing was that
I was searching for "encode" and got back a bunch of Fortran stuff. So I
refined the search by adding "-fortran". Next thing I know I'm getting an
advertisement for some Fortran management tools!

Michael Lee Squires
Digital Library Champion