listserv archives and email attachments

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Sun Jun 14 19:42:16 EDT 1998

--On Wed, May 20, 1998 8:13 AM -0700 "Greg MacGowan"
<macgowan at BINAH.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU> wrote:

> I am interested in developing a web-accessible archive of postings sent to
> our internal staff listserv, but I don't know how this arrangement would
> handle email attachments. People send attachments often enough, and they
> are usually quite important, that this is a very important consideration.
> Any help would be appreciated very much. Please reply either on or off
list.

MHonArc supports MIME attachments:

  http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html

The version of Hypermail that is in development will also support MIME
attachments:

  http://www.landfield.com/hypermail/

Peter
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888