Allowing e-mail only

Charlotte McClamma cmcclamma at chsd.org
Mon Jul 13 17:51:34 EDT 1998

Improper use of the Internet is a concern at our institution. The powers
that be want to limit or shut off the Internet, but allow the e-mail
function. There is a feeling that individuals would abuse the Internet
on work time (much like they probably make personal long-distant phone
calls) and therefore there is a movement to allow only e-mail and not
Internet access. (Kind of backwards from previous discussions!)

Our question: Are there others out there facing a similar situation and
if so, how are you handling it?

TIA,  for your help in this matter.

Please reply to me directly.

Charlotte McClamma