MS Front Page, DRAWeb 2

Books books at datastar.net
Wed Jan 28 22:50:45 EST 1998

All webpage generating software is limiting, however all you need
to know is basic html to convert the pages to rock solid HTML.
You can find many HTML pointers, tips and manuals on the WWW.
http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey has an interesting article concerning
Frontpage and Adobe Pagemill vs. hand coding.
Your stereotype of webmasters looking down their noses at FP folks was a bit general and unfair, don't you think? I would rather people build their own pages and showcase their creativity. Many web sites are run on a shoestring budget and can't afford to pay a webmaster to hand code pages--it's a lot cheaper to build the site yourself and
then pay a webmaster to clean up the code.

Terri Thomas
Webmaster
http://www.webmastersites.com
mailto:webmaster at webmastersites.com
Your  Affordable Web Presence Solution

Original Message Follows
FrontPage 98 is very easy to use - saves lots of time - but does not
produce "acceptable" html code. Run any FP site using FP extensions
through a validator and almost every line has an error. However, for
people using 3+ versions of Navigator or IE, sites look good and work
well. Functions such as site search, forms with confirmations, etc. are
a snap, as is a table of contents. Webmasters coding by hand or with
elementary editors look down on us FP folk, but if you're "time
disadvantaged" & have a strong ego, go for it.